Ardi Bouwers has the unique combination of in-depth knowledge of China and a broad experience in journalism and intercultural management. She teaches at universities in both the Netherlands and China, on China in the 21st century, on intercultural communication and storytelling.
For her clients to gain insight into their intercultural sensitivity and skills, she makes use of the Intercultural Readiness Check and the Diversity Icebreaker, both very practical tools that provide insights in ourselves and how we deal with others.
We also regularly organize informal and fun networking Meetups in China Circle’s comfortable workshop space.
If you want to get updates on our China Circle Meetups, you can register here.
In the early 80s Ardi studied Sinology at Leiden University and Nanjing University. First time she visited China was in 1982! Over the past 35 years she has seen China develop from an inward-looking communist country to the world power that it is today. She gives lectures, writes columns and acts as a debate moderator on a variety of China and cross-cultural communication related issues for HOVO Leiden (University for higher educated retired professionals) Hague Center for Strategic Studies (HCSS), the Free University of Amsterdam (VU), Benelux Chambers of Commerce, Rotary clubs and other organisations.
As deputy editor-in-chief of Radio Netherlands Worldwide (RNW) she set up a Chinese-language website (Helan online, 荷兰在线). At RNW, she was responsible for over 200 media professionals from around the globe. Furthermore, she became an experienced interviewer and moderator. Ardi has extensive expertise and experience in the international media industry and on cross-cultural communication and management. Through her 35 years of experience in China and Asia, combined with intensive cooperation with colleagues from China, Indonesia, the Arab world and Africa, she has learned to effortlessly switch between different perspectives. Intercultural team work offers insight in other cultures, and also a fresh look at your own society.
In 2016 Ardi published a book Cirkels en rechte lijnen, (in Dutch) on communication differences between Chinese and Dutch people..
Watch Ardi’s Pecha Kucha presentation in Guangzhou, China, about Dutch identity and the ‘square’ Dutch communication style: 3 Lessons about the Netherlands.
Tao Yue is devoted to intercultural understanding and business improvement. She provides customized East-West intercultural training and coaching and develops insightful business case studies and executive training materials.
Tao has delivered cross-cultural training in Europe, the US, and China for such international clients as Shell, Siemens, Bosch, KLM Air France.
Currently, Tao is also Managing Editor at the Rotterdam School of Management’s Case Development Centre, working closely with academia and business to develop case studies and other educational material. Previously She worked as a journalist with Bridge News (acquired by Dow Jones) and Agence France Presse in Shanghai and as an International Programmes Manager at Leiden University.
Tao took her BA in English language and literature at Fudan University (1998) and MA in social sciences (cum laude) at the University of Amsterdam (2002). She publishes regularly in Chinese and English. Her debut novel Hong Xishuai was published in China in 2012 and came out in Dutch (Schemering boven Shanghai) and English (Shanghai Blue) translation in 2015.
Bei Wang is a very experienced media consultant and communications strategist with cross-border and cross-industry expertise. Bei is a business consultant and media entrepreneur specialized in the public sector, the private sector, media and the creative industry.
She was born in China and has lived in Europe since 2000. Her expertise ranges from luxury, culture, fashion to media, education and healthcare. She co-founded Five Group BV, a fast growing company based in Europe and China, aiming to bring people, businesses and organisations closer together.
For graphic design, we cooperate with Studio Yu, who designed our new logo and our book ‘Cirkels en rechte lijnen’.
For translation and interpreting, China Circle works with Ming Translations, a specialized bureau with a decade of experience.
A selection of clients who benefitted from our keynote speeches, workshops, training, courses and projects:
- Global Mayors Forum in Guangzhou on Storytelling for Municipalities
- HOVO Leiden University, series of keynotes on China in the 21st century
- Guangzhou Academy of Social Sciences on Developing a New Narrative for Guangzhou
- Centre for Professional Learning, on East-West communication for civil servants and ambassadors of the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Benelux Chambers of Commerce, on how to reach the fast-growing group of Chinese Independent Travellers
- Alumni of Leiden and Amsterdam University, workshops on Intercultural Communication
- HAN University of Applied Sciences, Check-IT, workshops Intercultural Communication to prepare ICT-students for an internship in Xiamen
- RNTC, develop new content strategy for China website
- Jinan University in Guangzhou (China), Journalism and Communication School, semester course International News Comparison and Analysis
- Xiamen University (China), Journalism and Communication School, summer course International Communication
- Amsterdam University College (semester course China in the 21st Century)
- Leiden University (semester course Moderne Chinese Geschiedenis)
- Institute of Interdisciplinary Studies, University of Amsterdam (semester course China, what everyone needs to know)
Plus: Rotary, Guanxi.nl, CinemAsia, Movies That Matter, HCSS, China2025, RNTC Media Training, and others.